

Well we had an exciting evening in our neighborhood, another hang glider crashed into the mountain behind my house, we live just second away from the Hang Gilding Park at the point of the mountain. Mel and I watched as Draper police, fire/search and rescue climbed the steep terrain to get to him. It took them about an hour to get to him, stabilize him, and get him untangled from his glider. Some of the cops and firefighters were so hot and winded from the climb with all of the equipment they needed to help the guy, they were vomiting, and they were in allot better shape then I. Once they put him in the toboggan it took another hour for them to repel him down the steep mountain. Mean while falling down the steep slope and rocks, keeping the guy safe. They parked Life Flight about 4 houses away, just out our circle. We all (ferre clan and the entire neighborhood) watched as they loaded him up an took him off to the hospital. I just have to say those fire fighters, cops and the Life Flight crew are amazing. I talked to one of the women police officers after and told her how awesome they worked together to get him off that mountain safe. I asked her if she was O.K. and she said "well I don't have to work out for the rest of the week". She was the first to get to him, along with the fire fighters. It just go's to show you that you can "supposedly" get drunk and plow face first into the mountain and these amazing men and women risk their own life to pull you down safe. WOW what a great place we live. Never a dull moment, not even in little old Draper.XOXO Amy




No comments:
Post a Comment